The 10 best oil filters of 2022
A good oil filter is something that many vehicle owners overlook. This tiny part ensures that your car runs smooth and the engine components last a lifetime.
An oil filter is a great investment. There are many brands that offer a variety of oil filters. Before you press on “buy now,” you must ensure you have got the right one.
If you are looking for some help to buy the best oil filter, you’ve come to the right place. We will be discussing not just 1, but 10 incredible oil filters.
Can’t wait for the entire list? Here are our top picks!
Bosch 3323 Premium Oil Filter
- Spring with bypass built-in
- Excellent quality at a very affordable price
- Superior filtering efficiency
- For a tighter fitting, use lubricated gasket
K&N Premium Oil Filter
- 1-year worry-free warranty
- Uses a combination of synthetic, conventional and blended motor oils
- Large range of vehicles fitments
Motorcraft FL-910S Oil Filter
- It is ideal for customers with tight budgets
- Easy removal with a fluted case
- Good protection for your engine
- For a more snug fit, iron steel
- The 10 Best Oil Filters in 2022
- 1. Bosch 3323 Premium Oil Filter – Best Overall
- 2. K&N Premium Oil Filter —Best Premium
- 3. Motorcraft FL-910S – Best Budget
- 4. Royal Purple Premium Oil Filter for Extended Life
- 6. Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter
- 7. ACDelco Professional Engine Oil Filter PF2232
- 8. PurolatorONE Advanced oil filter PurolatorONE PL14610
- 9. Baldwin BT7349 Heavy Duty Lube Oil Spin-On Filter
- 10. Toyota Genuine Parts 90915, YZZF2 oil filter
- Oil Filters – Buyer’s Guide
- Bottom line
- FAQ about Oil Filter
The 10 Best Oil Filters in 2022
1. Bosch 3323 Premium Oil Filter – Best Overall
We can’t imagine eliminating Bosch When it comes to creating an automotive-related products list. This German company has revolutionized the automobile industry. This oil filter boasts an impressive 99.9% efficiency.
Particles as small as 20 microns can be caught by the filtration system. Bosch has developed a media which is 42% thicker than others and 30% thinner. Many people turn skeptical after noticing the term “blended” in this filter. The larger area makes up for this.
The Bosch 3323's build quality is excellent. This filter shouts quality due to its silicone anti-drain and metal bypass spring. The end cap of this Bosch filter is also made up by a spring.
It is the perfect filter that balances quality and cost.
- For greater durability, use the in-built bypass spring
- A reliable and affordable option
- Superior filtering efficiency
- For a tighter fitting, use lubricated gasket
2. K&N Premium Oil Filter —Best Premium
It K&N High-performance cars will benefit from a premium oil filter. This oil filter is ideal for cars that require a higher oil flow rate. Oil filters are essential for both trucking and racing vehicles. The filter uses impregnated media made of cellulose.
Although the synthetic media has a lower filtration rate than the natural, at least 99 percent can be expected. You also notice a 1″ nut on the end caps for a better fit. You can also attach safety wires to the nuts.
This filter is used for construction materials and has a spring-metal bypass valve as well as a silicone anti-drain device. They offer far better quality and durability than plastic and cardboard components.
By not using this filter, vehicle owners risk depriving their vehicles of high-quality products. The filter is guaranteed to deliver high-quality oil regardless of whether it's conventional or blended.
- All oil types compatible
- Superb efficiency rating
- Safety wire included
- Amazing flow rate for vehicles with high performance.
- The pricing is higher than usual.
3. Motorcraft FL-910S – Best Budget
You are looking for something affordable? Motorcraft FL-910S will save both your vehicle's and your wallet. This is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), which means it works for Lincoln, Ford and Mercury.
What’s the secret behind its success? It's the cost-effectiveness and reliability. The ironed bag offers superior protection and durability. It is more stable than most other filters on the market.
Motorcraft Oil Filter (FL910S).
- Leading Manufacturer Of High-Quality...
- International Renown for Our Diverse...
- Completely Equipped with State-Of the-Art Equipment
- Every product has been designed with the...
Motorcraft filters also have a paint coat to prevent rust and corrosion. A threaded bypass valve is also available. It is possible to blindly believe that the bypass valve will provide continuous flow.
The cellulose media's presence reduces the filtering capacity to 93%. This is a lot lower than the budget filters available. The filter has many benefits, despite its low efficiency.
- The price is reasonable.
- Ford, Mercury and Lincoln: Which OEM is the best?
- Eliminates clogs efficiently
- The stamped steel bypass is durable.
- Low filtration rate with cellulose media
4. Royal Purple Premium Oil Filter for Extended Life
Royal Purple, an American company that makes lubricants and other products for vehicles of all kinds is a brand called American. The brand has been devoted to its loyal customers since 1986. Royal Purple Extended-Life Premium Oil Filter was a great way for the brand to showcase its talents.
This oil filter will make auto-care simple. This 100% synthetic media has a 99 percent filter efficiency. The filter is capable of filtering 25 microns. The oil filter is compact and has a remarkable fiber which prevents contamination from reaching the engine.
This filter is made of high-quality components that exude performance. Any leakages can be handled by the rubber base gasket. Additionally, silicone anti drain valves are used to prevent engine dry start.
This filter will last more than 10,000 km before needing to be replaced. This filter is the most efficient for improving the vehicle's performance.
- Shell extra thick and strong
- Stellar brand name
- Encourages at least 10,000-mile usage
- Great paint job
- Silicone media with metal backing
There’s a high chance that your nearby automotive store has a rack full of FRAM oil filters. Why not? It is a great product, with low prices! It is easy to spot the iconic orange body even from great distances. You are about to enjoy the finest oil filter.
We were most impressed by its dirt holding capabilities and dirt-trapping ability. The filter media is responsible for the oil filter's remarkable performance. The oil filter protects the engine for up to 5,000 miles. You will need to replace your oil filter after 5K miles to restore the engine's smoothness.
To allow ease of use, this oil filter equips a “Sure-Grip” coat. This allows the filter to be non-skid. The filter has the same lubricated seal as other premium filters.
Additional valuable features include the precision coil spring and nylon relief valve.
- Great dirt holding ability and dirt-trapping efficiency
- Easy installation and easy removal with Suregrip
- 5,000-mile engine protection
- Excellent customer ratings
- Some customers report poor performance
6. Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter
Mobil 1 will have many customers eagerly waiting to see if it is included in this list of the top oil filters. Mobile 1 is an American firm that has been in the oil and gas sector for over a century. With its over-the-top features, it’s not surprising to see it in the list of top sellers.
The synthetic nature of this filter makes it a very efficient filter, with a filtering efficiency of 99.6. We recommend synthetic filters when you first purchase filters. This filter holds up to 28g dirt and debris. Many filters don't have this much holding power.
The filter also features a silicone anti-drain valve, which prevents the reverse pouring. This prevents dry starts. What’s more? The standard operating pressure can be nine times higher on this filter.
- Industry-leading 28g capacity
- Synthetic motor oils can be used for up to 15,000 miles
- The leading name in automotive and oil sectors
- Cleaning efficiency 99.6%
- Pricing is slightly high
- Absence of metal backing
7. ACDelco Professional Engine Oil Filter PF2232
ACDelco Professional Engine Oil Filter PF2232 is another favorite in this filter category. General Motors is the real owner of this brand-name automotive product. ACDelco Parts are available for the GMC, Cadillac and Buick models.
You won't be disappointed if this is not enough. This product also has 98% filtering capabilities. The product is capable of removing microns from 25-30 easily. These are impressive qualities for cellulose media.
Although cellulose media may not have the same capabilities as synthetic ones, it is still possible to make a good product. The build quality, aside from the poor filtration, is outstanding. You will also find metal covers on the ends and a silicone anti drain valve. It also has a thermosetting adhesive that seals better.
This filter provides five times more burst power than any other engine oil filter. You won't need to replace it for more than 12,000 miles!
- Filter seals provide increased burst force
- A durable design is possible with a metal or silicone body
- Capacity for filtering 25-30 microns
- This product is covered by a 2-year warranty
- It isn't very effective with cellulose media
8. PurolatorONE Advanced oil filter PurolatorONE PL14610
The Purolator filter will be the filter for you if you are looking for a low-cost filter. Purolator or ‘pure oil later’ is in this industry for the last 100 years. High-density media is the key to this oil filter's benefits. This product can provide a 99 percent filtration.
You can make a lot of money by not having to replace the oil filter every 5,000 miles. Superior build quality is a hallmark of all elements. We love the silicon anti-drain valve, end caps and center metal tube.
It’s also worth mentioning that this oil filter does not need a wire backing. Why? Because synthetic media are easy to mould and have enhanced stability, it is why. These aren't the most suitable for high-performance transports but they can be bought for their affordability and durability.
- A cost-efficient product
- Filters 995 to remove dirt and contaminants
- A trusted and reliable brand
- For durability, all metal and silicone construction
- Slow Oil Flow – Unsuitable for high-performance cars
9. Baldwin BT7349 Heavy Duty Lube Oil Spin-On Filter
When we searched for the best 10, we found that Baldwin BT7349 was a popular pick. Baldwin BT7349 heavy duty lube spin-on filter can be a great choice if your needs are very specific. It is loved by trucking professionals.
The filter is made up of a sturdy metal bypass valve that ensures a continuous flow and smoother operation. With this feature, trucks and larger vehicles can avoid a dry start. The filter includes an end cap made of steel and a rubber valve that is nitrile.
There are 44 pleats in the media. This enhances flow. We highly recommend this enhancement for large-engine vehicles. This amazing design will withstand all terrains and environments.
- Durable, red-painted casing.
- Customers trust our products
- The durability of metal components is possible
- There are many sizes available
- Compare to the competitors. Low efficiency ratings
10. Toyota Genuine Parts 90915, YZZF2 oil filter
“Surprisingly”, Toyota does not only specialize in selling the whole cars but also in automotive parts. Toyota is a master at delivering oil filters of high quality. This OEM oil filter offers many benefits.
Genuine OEM let can give you peace of mind about quality and features. For example, you don’t have to worry about the vehicle fitment or incompatibility with an OEM. It can be overwhelming to find the right parts for your car.
These OEM filters are praised by many users for their superior filtration and flow. You can replace the filter once every 5,000 miles for the best performance. This product is pre-lubricated. Although it claims to have a broad vehicle compatibility range, the manufacturer may not make this product compatible with every Toyota car.
- Effectively eliminates contaminants
- The perfect choice for those with limited budgets
- Compatibility with other brands of motor oil
- It eliminates the guesswork
- It is not available in one package
- Toyota, and other Toyota models equipped with Toyota Engines are only compatible
Oil Filters – Buyer’s Guide
It is difficult, especially for novices, to buy an oil filter. You need to do a lot of research. This buyer’s guide will let you into the considerations you need to make while buying an oil filter.
Inside every filter, there’s a material that handles the whole filtering process. A media (or material) can be either synthetic or cellulose. Because of the tightly-woven structure, synthetic materials are usually made from nylon, glass or polyester.
The structure of synthetic media results in higher filtration efficiency. Even the most minute impurities can be caught by synthetic media without impairing the oil flow rate.
Cellulose media on the other side is cheaper. This cost-effectiveness however is directly linked to the poor filtration. Blended media is popular because of its affordability and functionality.
The oil filter’s capacity represents the product’s ability to hold back the contaminants. There are primarily two factors that affect the oil filter’s power – the build and the media. Higher capacity equals better performance and greater mileage.
Reported: The 6 Best High-Mileage Motor Oils
The filter will stop working after it reaches its maximum capacity. It also means that the equipment will allow unfiltered oil into the car’s system.
Easy to use
Different oil filters are available on the marketplace. You can find different sizes and shapes of oil filters on the market.
All filters are not compatible with every vehicle. You should choose an oil filter that fits your vehicle. It must also be easy to install. It should not be difficult to install the oil filter.
Design & Construction
Filters should be durable and cost-effective. Different specifications apply to every vehicle. Your car's compatibility will depend on the design and weight of your filter. It is important that your filter matches the vehicle's structure.
You can read the owner’s manual to determine the filter design and weight requirements to understand the best fit. A paint-coated filter is a great option. It can reduce corrosion and rust.
While oil filters seem to be a very small, yet crucial part of the system, it is undoubtedly a vital one. Bosch filters are highly recommended. Even though the product is more expensive, it is very reliable. It lives up to the brand's reputation and product.
The Motorcraft FL-910S is an option if you don't want to invest in expensive filters. Although it is modestly priced, the motorcraft FL-910S does not sacrifice performance or value.
Each product on the list has something to offer buyers. Don’t forget to consider all the factors that we listed out in the buyer’s guide. This article should have helped you to make the right decision when buying an oil filter.
FAQ about Oil Filter
Is there a better oil filter?
We do really like K&N’s oil filter, and if you ask us, these are some of the best you can get on the market for the price. OEM oil filters are the best option if you're looking to get maximum performance from your engine.
Which oil filter is best for synthetic oil?
Bosch, K&N, Royal purple makes really great oil filters for synthetic oil. An OEM oil filter is the best choice for your engine.
Which oil filter remover tool is best?
Which oil filter is the most effective for truck use?
If you're looking for oil filters that will work well on trucks, we recommend Bosch or Purolator depending on your truck. An OEM filter is the best option if you want to get the most out of your oil filters.