Average shock replacement cost (Front and Rear).
For a pair, the average cost of shock replacement is around $150 $600, depending upon the model of car and labor costs. One shock costs on average about 600 dollars $40 $200. The average labor cost to fix one shock is approximately $50 $150
- Always change the shocks on both axles. The replacement of one shock could cause instability and make your car unsafe in certain circumstances.
- Front shocks can be more difficult to replace than rear shocks. This is often because front shocks have the springs integrated with the shock—a complete strut, in other words.
- It is important to decide if the top mount bearings and coil springs are being replaced at the same or separate times.
- It is a good idea to have your wheel aligned before any work on the suspension.
Average cost of shock replacement
|Front Shock||Low: $150||Average: $200||High: $400|
|Rear Shock||Low: $80||Average: $130||High: $200|
|Pair of front Shock||Low: $300||Average: $400||High: $800|
|Pair of rear Shock||Low:$160||Average: $260||High: $400|
Car Model: Estimated shock replacement cost
These figures are an average estimate of the shock replacement cost for each car model. Your engine year and type can affect the shock replacement costs. These prices apply to shocks only, without top mount bearings or coil springs.
|Model Car||1 Pair Rear Cost||1 Shock Front Cost|
|Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500||$200||$250|
For a shock replacement, parts are required
|Part name||Required?||All Models?|
|The Complete Strut||Preferred||No|
|Bearing for top mount||Preferred||Shocks to the Front|
|Mount at the top||Preferred||Yes|
|Bolts and nuts new||Preferred||Yes|
|Sway bar link||Sometimes, it's necessary if you get rusty||No|
Shock replacement is often the cause of repairs
|Alternative Type||Price range|
|Costs of replacement for strut||$200 – $500|
|Cost of replacing rear coil spring||$150 – $250|
|Top Mount Replacement Price||$100 $250|
|Sway bar link Replacement Cost||$100 $200|
|Front Coil Spring Replacement Prices||$200 $300|
A Mechanic’s Tips about Shock replacement
- The whole strut should be purchased if the front shock is to be replaced. It includes the top mount bearings and coil springs. Some car models can be fitted with a complete suspension.
- I would recommend that you replace the top mount bearings with the new shocks. They can cause your coil springs to come off, as they often wear out.
- It can be difficult to get the Sway Bar link out of your shock. It may also become damaged depending on what car you drive. The sway bar links are usually attached to your shocks. You must remove them in order to change them.
- You can replace your rear shocks by purchasing them in pairs. It is not easy to find one that works.
- The front shocks are pretty expensive to replace, so if they seem to be in pretty good condition – you can replace just one shock in the front if you want to save some money. However, it is recommended that you replace them all.
What's a Shock?
The shock absorber is also known as a shock. The shock absorbers are doing what they are named – absorbing shocks. These shock absorbers also ensure that your vehicle will not bounce after each bump. Strut is the entire part that includes shock.
Is it serious to fail in shock?
It is dangerous to drive around in bad shocks. If your car is too bouncey, it can cause it to bounce all over the place. Sometimes you don't realize your shocks have gone bad until you change them. Your car will feel completely different.
What is the average frequency that shocks require replacement?
It is not possible to set a specific date for the replacement of shock victims. You should replace them when they become worn out. Rear shocks can be more susceptible to damage and should therefore be replaced frequently.
Is it possible to tell if there is a shock?
Other parts of a shock replacement
Leave a Reply