Average cost of replacing a brake rotor (front & rear)
Average brake rotor repair costs are between $2,000 and $3,000. $200 $600 depending on car type and labor cost. Parts are on average priced at $150 $The average labor cost for 400 is $50 $200
- Other parts, such brake pads and brake rotors should be replaced at the same moment.
- There are two types of brake rotors: front and rear.
Average Cost of Brake Rotor Replacement
|Rotors for the Front Brake Rotors||Low: $200||Average: $400||High: $600|
|Rear Brake Rotors||Low: $150||Average: $300||High: $500|
Prices for Brake Rotor Repair Depending on Car Model
These average costs for replacing brake rotors vary by year and car model. Different vehicle models may require different brakes. Your engine type, year of vehicle and the price you pay can affect your final cost.
|Model Car||Rear Rotors (If Equipped)||Front.||All Rotors|
RELATED: How often should your brake rotors be replaced?
For a replacement Brake Rotor, parts are required
|Part name||Required?||All Models?||Where?|
|Neue Gliding Plates||Preferred||No||Both|
|Copper and Silver Paste||Preferred||Yes||Both|
|Shoes with parking brakes||Optional||No||Rear|
|Parking Brake Springs Kit||Optional||No||Rear|
|Cables to connect the parking brake to your car||Optional||No||Rear|
|Brake Caliper Repair Kit||Optional||Yes||Both|
Brake Rotor replacement is often a part of repair
|Brake pads replacement cost||$100 – $150|
|Price of a Parking Brake Shoe Replacement||$100 – $300|
|Garage Brake Cables Repair Cost||$100 $250|
|Brake Caliper Cost Replacement||$150 $400|
A Mechanic’s Tips about Brake Rotor replacement
- Replace brake pads as soon as you replace brake rotors.
- As you put everything together, make sure that your brake lever gliding pins and piston are in good working order.
- If you are replacing the rear brake rotors, the parking brake shoes sometimes use the brake disc’s inner side as a friction area. Consider replacing your parking brake shoes if this happens to you.
- If replacing the rear brake rotors – always make sure that the parking brake cables are moving freely.
- Sometimes, brake rotors require new gliding parts and ebrake components. Be sure to count all parts in the calculation of your brake rotor cost.
What does a Brake Rotors do?
The brake rotor, which is the heart of all brakes on your car's wheels, is the key component. Brake calipers push the brake pads toward the brake rotor. This produces high friction that, in return for your safety, will help you stop your vehicle quickly.
What is the severity of a Brake Rotor Failure?
Failures of brake rotors must be treated seriously. A failed brake rotor can cause your vehicle to lose its brakes and could even lead to death. If the brake discs are damaged, replace them.
When do Brake Rotors have to be replaced?
Your car's model and driving style will determine the time frame for brake rotor replacement. Most car models recommend replacing the brake discs by installing brake pads. However, if your driving habits are aggressive you may need to replace brake rotors each time you change brake pads.
How can you tell if the Brake Rotor has worn out or is it bad?
Worst symptoms are shaking when you brake, squealing sounds, and reduced effectiveness of brakes. You can find out more information about symptoms of bad brakes rotors here.
OBD codes that are related to a Brakerotor replacement
|5F12: DSC Brake pad wear – front axle|
|5F15 DSC Brake pad wear – rear axle|
Similar Parts for a Brake Rotor Repair
Leave a Reply