Average Cost of Replacement for Fuel Pressure Regulators (By Type)
On average, the cost of replacing a Fuel Pressure Regulator is around $80 $500 depending on car model and labor cost. A fuel pressure regulator cost $30- $It is 200 and the labor cost average is $50 $300
- In some car models, you can’t replace the fuel pressure regulator alone. The whole fuel pressure system may need to be replaced.
- A V-engine may come with more than one fuel pressure regulator. This will increase the expense of replacing them both.
- The fuel pressure regulator can be found near the fuel pump on some cars, which makes it difficult and costly to replace.
Average Cost of Replacement for a Fuel Pressure Regulator
|Low: $80||Average: $150||High: $500|
The estimated fuel pressure regulator replacement cost by car model
These average fuel pressure regulator replacement costs are based on car models. The cost of replacing the fuel pressure regulator may vary depending on which engine you have and what year it is.
|Model of Car||Part costs||Labor Cost||Total cost|
|Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500||$100||$100||$200|
Replacement Parts for the Fuel Pressure Regulator
|Part Number||Required?||All Models?|
|Fuel Pressure Regulator||Yes||Yes|
|A new fuel pressure rail||No||No|
|New Vacuum hose||No||No|
|Brand new hose clamps||Preferred||No|
Most repairs are related to replacing the fuel pressure regulator
|Prices for replacing the fuel pressure rail||$200 – $500|
|Fuel Pressure Regulator Vacuum Hose||$10 – $30|
|Repair of Fuel Line Hose||$10 – $50|
|Fuel Injector Replacement Cost||$50 – $400|
A Mechanic’s Tips about Fuel Pressure Regulator replacement
- The first thing I would recommend is to ensure that the new fuel pressure regulator comes with new bolts or gaskets.
- If you replace the fuel pressure regulator's fuel pressure controller, it is important to also replace the fuel line clamps and vacuumhose.
- Failure of the fuel regulator is very rare. Therefore, I highly recommend inspecting the vacuum line that connects to the regulator and replacing it. You are also more likely to have a fuel pump problem or a fuel filter issue.
- The fuel pressure can be checked using a manual fuel pressure tester attached to the fuel rail. While the engine idles, the vacuum hose should be removed. The fuel regulator will be fine if fuel pressure remains within specifications.
- Your body can be very toxic if you work with multiple fuel types. Make sure you have the proper safety gear.
- To check if fuel is visible in the vacuum connector on the fuel pressure regulator, you should inspect it. The membrane inside the fuel pressure regulator may be damaged if there's fuel in it.
- Some fuel pressure regulators can be replaced with a membrane. This makes it cheaper. This only applies to older cars.
FAQ about the Fuel Pressure Regulator
Can a fuel pressure regulator be fixed?
Some older cars can be equipped with a fuel pressure regulator that replaces the entire membrane. The fuel pressure regulator in newer vehicles is usually relatively inexpensive and can be replaced faster than the entire regulator.
What is the severity of a fuel pressure regulator failure?
Failure to maintain fuel pressure can result in your car being unable to start immediately. This can be dangerous and could lead you into an accident. It is highly recommended that you have your fuel regulator replaced if possible.
Is it necessary to replace Fuel Pressure Regulators every so often?
Failing the fuel pressure regulator can be very rare. It's usually due to a bad fuel pump, fuel filter or other issues. There is no set time limit or mileage that you need to replace the fuel pump.
What can you do to tell if your Fuel Pressure Regulator has gone bad?
There is a good chance your fuel pressure regulator may be defective if you have unusual performance issues with your vehicle and a check engine lamp. Find out more about common signs of a bad fuel regulator.
Similar Parts for a Replacement Fuel Pressure Regulator
Leave a Reply